Three Important Ways to Slow the Spread
How to Protect Yourself When Going Out
If You are at Risk of Getting Very Sick
What to Do If You’re Sick
- Stay home except to get medical care.
- Isolate yourself from other members of your family to prevent spread to them and the people that they may have contact with, like grandparents.
- Even if you don’t feel sick, you can spread COVID-19 to others.
- Get care immediately if you are having emergency warning signs, like trouble breathing, pain or pressure in chest.
How to Get a Test for Current Infection
- You can visit your state or local health department’s website to look for the latest local information on testing.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to get tested, call your healthcare provider first.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and choose to not get tested, it is important to stay home. Find out what to do if you are sick.
How to Cope with Stress
What Symptoms to Watch For
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
Other symptoms are signs of serious illness. If someone has trouble breathing, chest pain or pressure, or difficulty staying awake, get medical care immediately.